South Central Railway Women’s Organisation run on a voluntary basis by the spouses of railway men for the past 41 years and registered under Society Act No.183 of 1992.
The society name has been changed as “South Central Railway Women’s Welfare Organisation” Vijayawada with effect from 26th Day of February 2005.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To establish and run a school up to Xth class.
- To try to eradicate the illiteracy among the villagers and co-operate with the government in this matter.
- To establish a library for the benefit of members and students.
- To establish technical institutes, diploma courses in the field of education.
- To do social service on behalf of the society.
- To do such all other thing as are conductive and incidental for the attainment of the above aim and objects.
- To promote, encourage and co-ordinate the work for the welfare and well being of Railway Employees and their families in Socio-economic, cultural, educational and health aspects.
- To foster a spirit of friendship, unity and understanding among Railway Employees and their families.
- To provide for assistance in deserving cases to the families of the Railway employees in matters of health, education and compelling, social obligations.
- To render assistance towards National causes and to afford relief in the event of National calamities, independency or in conjunction with other non-railway Social Welfare Organizations.
- To promote and supplement the aims and objects of the Railway Ministers Welfare and Relief Fund.
- To promote artistic talents and cultural activities among the Railway Employees and their families.
- To sponsor and undertake any other activities which in the opinion of the Management Committee of the SCRWWO will be in furtherance of the over-all aims and objectives of the Organization.
- The organization formed under the above title shall be irrevocable and it shall not carry its activities anywhere outside India.
- The income of the organization will be utilized for the benefit of all, irrespective of caste, color, religion, sex, etc.
- The organization shall not carry on any activity with the object of earning profit.
GENERAL BODY & ITS FUNCTIONS:
- The General Body shall consist of the wives and daughters (over 18 years) of the South Central Railway Staff and lady employees of Vijayawada Division.
- Wives and Daughters (over 18 years) of the South Central Railway Staff and lady employees of Vijayawada Division shall be allowable for membership
- Members may resign by giving one month’s notice in writing to the Secretary or paying one month subscription in lieu of it.
- The members of South Central Railway Women’s Welfare Organization should abide by the Bye-laws and Rules and Regulations.
- The Annual General Body shall be held soon after 15th of July and before 30th September of every year.
- To elect members of the executive body (Managing Committee) from elected members.
- To pass the Budget for the ensuing year, i.e., from 1st April to 31st March and approve the expenditure statement of the previous year.
- To approve the report of the activities of the Society.
- At least five days notice shall be given to all the members for the ordinary meetings and 14 days notices along with the Agenda, for the Annual General Body Meeting.
- Extraordinary general body meetings may also be called to dispose of any emergent business. Notices of such meetings shall be restricted to 3 days.
- The quorum for all general body meetings shall be 50% of the membership or 20 members whichever is less.
- When a meeting has been adjourned for want of quorum not less than 7 days notice shall be given for the next meeting for which no quorum shall be necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICE BEARERS:
PRESIDENT :The wife of the DRM, Vijayawada Division shall be the President of the Organisation.
- VICE-PRESIDENT: The Vice President shall be nominated by the President.
The Honarary Secretary, Treasurer, Joint Secretary and Joint Treasurer and 9 others shall be elected by General Body. The other 11 elected / nominated members shall each look after a welfare unit and be called its Secretary.
A Managing Committee shall hold office till the formation of the next Managing Committee.
- The President shall ensure that a minutes book is maintained by the Secretary, recording all meetings of the Managing Committee and of the General Body.
- She President shall also ensure that a book is maintained of all the Resolutions passed by the Managing Committee.
- The minutes book and the Resolutions book, along with the record of annual accounts shall be handed over by every outgoing President to the Incoming President under due acknowledgement.
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President will preside over the meeting of the Managing Committee as well as the General Body Meeting. She shall render an account of the transactions delegated to her and carried out by her to the President on her return from absence.
The Secretary shall carryout the Secretarial work of the Committee.
- The Joint Secretary assist the Secretary and also carryout the duties of the Secretary in her absence.
- Accounts of the Organisation will be maintained by the Hon, Treasurer, under the supervision, guidance and control of the President.